Giving a chance to a pet-ter life.
GRANT assists the Darwin greyhound racing industry by providing owners and trainers with the option of having their hounds re-homed as pets once the dogs racing days are over. This usually occurs at age 2-3 years.
Trainers surrender their dogs to us and we get the animals vet checked, desexed, and microchipped. The greyhounds then join our foster care system made of awesome volunteers who help them make the transition from racing dog to family pet.
When the dog is ready, we advertise that they're available for adoption. You, as a potential new owner will be welcoming a well behaved, young, healthy dog with plenty of pet-years left.
5 reasons to adopt a greyhound
- Gentle and intelligent breed.
- Dignified, quiet, and loyal to their owners.
- Super loving creatures, and they enjoy the company of humans and other dogs.
- Contrary to popular belief they are not energetic and do not need a lot of exercise. A 30 minute daily walk will keep them in top condition and then they will sleep all day!
- Disguised as oversized cats.